John Hagee is a an American evangelical pastor who is well known for his healing ministry to the sick. There a number of healing scriptures he proclaims over the sick and encourages the sick to memorize and lean on during their trials.
Who Is John Hagee?
John Hagee is a prominent American evangelical pastor and televangelist, founder and senior pastor of Cornerstone Church in San Antonio, Texas. He also leads Global Evangelism Television (GETV), broadcasting his teachings via radio and TV nationally and internationally.
John Hagee teaching in the pulpit (from US News)
Hagee is known for his interpretations of the Bible, particularly regarding end times and support for Israel. In 2006, he founded Christians United for Israel (CUFI), advocating Christian Zionism—the belief that the return of Jews to Israel fulfills biblical prophecy.
As an author, Hagee has written on a variety of Christian themes, from family life to biblical prophecy and – most notably for this post – healing, a topic he regularly discusses.
He’s somewhat controversial, but his emphasis on healing in his teachings is sound (in our opinion).
The Power of Healing for the Sick
Though it can be a controversial subject, we see healing all throughout the Bible. Jesus healed many during his earthly ministry, as depicted in the New Testament, demonstrating his divine authority and compassion, and commissioned His followers to do the same.
His methods varied from speaking a word, laying hands, to using spit and mud in one case. He healed all sorts of ailments, including leprosy, blindness, paralysis, and demonic possession. Jesus also commissioned his disciples to continue this healing ministry, empowering them to cure diseases and cast out evil spirits. This tradition has continued in Christianity, where prayers, anointing with oil, and faith are believed to facilitate healing.
In the Western church, healing is not quite as front-and-center as it appeared to be for the early church, but God most certainly still heals. There are lots of other new age methods people attempt to utilize for healing, but we know God as the true healer.
30 of John Hagee’s Healing Scriptures
John Hagee references a number of scriptures sick Christians can lean on and put their faith in, and that Christians can use to pray over the sick when asking for healing. Here’s 30 of healing scriptures from the Bible that John Hagee regularly references:
- Deuteronomy 32:39 – “See now that I myself am He! There is no god besides Me. I put to death and I bring to life, I have wounded and I will heal, and no one can deliver out of My hand.”
- Psalm 103:2-4 – “Praise the LORD, my soul, and forget not all his benefits —who forgives all your sins and heals all your diseases, who redeems your life from the pit and crowns you with love and compassion.”
- James 5:16 – “Therefore confess your sins to each other and pray for each other so that you may be healed. The prayer of a righteous person is powerful and effective.”
- Matthew 10:1 – “And he called to him his twelve disciples and gave them authority over unclean spirits, to cast them out, and to heal every disease and every affliction.”
- Proverbs 4:20-22 – “My son, be attentive to my words; incline your ear to my sayings. Let them not escape from your sight; keep them within your heart. For they are life to those who find them, and healing to all their flesh.”
- Luke 6:19 – “And the people all tried to touch him because power was coming from him and healing them all.”
- 1 Peter 2:24 – “Who his own self bare our sins in his own body on the tree, that we, being dead to sins, should live unto righteousness: by whose stripes ye were healed.”
- Isaiah 40:29 – “He gives power to the faint, and to him who has no might he increases strength.”
- Matthew 10:8 – “Heal the sick, cleanse the lepers, raise the dead, cast out devils: freely ye have received, freely give.”
- Exodus 15:26 – “If you listen carefully to the voice of the Lord your God and do what is right in His eyes, if you pay attention to His commands and keep all His decrees, I will not bring on you any of the diseases I brought on the Egyptians, for I am the Lord, who heals you.”
- Romans 5:3-4 – “Not only that, but we rejoice in our sufferings, knowing that suffering produces endurance, and endurance produces character, and character produces hope.”
- Isaiah 53:5 – “But he was wounded for our transgressions, he was bruised for our iniquities; the chastisement of our peace was upon him, and with his stripes we are healed.”
- Psalm 30:2 – “LORD my God, I called to you for help, and you healed me.”
- Proverbs 17:22 – “A joyful heart is good medicine, but a crushed spirit dries up the bones.”
- Jeremiah 33:6 – “Behold, I will bring it health and cure, and I will cure them, and will reveal unto them the abundance of peace and truth.”
- Isaiah 38:16-17 – “You restored me to health and let me live. Surely it was for my benefit that I suffered such anguish. In your love you kept me from the pit of destruction; you have put all my sins behind your back.”
- Matthew 9:35 – “Jesus went through all the towns and villages, teaching in their synagogues, proclaiming the good news of the kingdom, and healing every disease and sickness.”
- Psalm 127:3 – “Lo, children are a heritage of the LORD: and the fruit of the womb is his reward.”
- Jeremiah 17:14 – “Heal me, O LORD, and I shall be healed; save me, and I shall be saved: for thou art my praise.”
- Psalm 6:2 – “Have mercy on me, LORD, for I am faint; heal me, LORD, for my bones are in agony.”
- 2 Corinthians 12:9 – “But he said to me, ‘My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness.’ Therefore I will boast all the more gladly of my weaknesses, so that Christ’s power may rest on me.”
- Psalm 23:1-4 – “The LORD is my shepherd, I lack nothing. He makes me lie down in green pastures, he leads me beside quiet waters, and he refreshes my soul. He guides me along the right paths for his name’s sake. Even though I walk through the darkest valley, I will fear no evil, for you are with me; your rod and your staff, they comfort me.”
- Deuteronomy 7:15 – “The Lord will keep you free from every disease. He will not inflict on you the horrible diseases you knew in Egypt, but He will inflict them on all who hate you.”
- Psalm 147:3 – “He heals the brokenhearted and binds up their wounds.”
- 3 John 1:2 – “Beloved, I pray that all may go well with you and that you may be in good health, as it goes well with your soul.”
- Malachi 4:2 – “But for you who fear My name, the sun of righteousness shall rise with healing in its wings. You shall go out leaping like calves from the stall.”
- Hebrews 11:6 – “But without faith it is impossible to please him: for he that cometh to God must believe that he is, and that he is a rewarder of them that diligently seek him.”
- Isaiah 33:2 – “LORD, be gracious to us; we long for you. Be our strength every morning, our salvation in time of distress.”
- Psalm 119:50 – “My comfort in my suffering is this: Your promise preserves my life.”
- Jeremiah 30:17 – “For I will restore health to you And heal you of your wounds, declares the LORD,”
John Hagee’s Healing Prayer
Whether you’re dealing with sickness or walking with someone through it, here’s a prayer for healing you can pray yourself or intercede over another:
“Almighty God, from your heavenly throne, turn your gaze toward us. We are in a fight for our lives; afflicted with illnesses that steals my joy.
In the name of the Savior who gave his life on the cross, Jesus, let his restorative power flow through our bodies at this moment, from the tops of our heads to the soles of our feet. Let every ailment and disease submit to the authority of the redemptive covenant of the Cross and the blood.
We lay claim to the healing that has been fully paid for, and we embrace it now. Let anything that is not aligned with God’s perfect will for our lives align itself with the divine balance of health and healing bestowed by Jesus Christ’s cross.
We accept this healing power in this space, in the name of Jesus.”